We polish the headlights of the car
In this article, Riewes will consider methods for combating clouding and scratches on the headlights of the vehicle that reduce their throughput and, as a result, the safety of passengers. In addition, such “eyes” spoil the appearance of the machine and blind the drivers of cars moving towards. That is why it is important to do headlights with such signs.
If you do not have the opportunity to start polishing the headlights, follow the following rules:
- Keep the car body clean;
- Use soft fabrics for this so that the grains of sand does not scratch it;
- At the same time, do not overdo it with the frequency of washing, because this will adversely affect the state of optics;
- Protect a vehicle from high temperatures, pebbles and sand;
Use a special colorless film to protect new headlights.
If the phrases are not just clouding, but received serious damage, it is worth it to change it for new and serviceable.
If you have come to the need to polish headlights, this can be done in two ways:
- Turning to professionals;
- Carry out work on their own.
In the first case, car service workers use special equipment, polishing pastes and abrasives. As a result, a protective film appears on the surface of the plastic, which prevents them from clutching and gives an external gloss.
Unlike a glass surface, plastic can still be mechanically polished. In the case of glass, obstacles to polishing are the harmfulness of glass dust and a large cost and complexity.
Only plastic is polished independently. By the way, it is more practical than glass, since it is better to confront chips and cracks. But after 3-4 years from bright light and adverse weather, it closes and misses less light. Although after an hourly polishing polycarbonate restores throughput qualities.
Self -polishing headlights
If you have made a choice in favor of independent polishing headlights, follow the following recommendations:
- Arm yourself with a dry and clean rag (preferably from microfiber) or a special sponge and clean the surface of the plastic from dirt;
- Next, glue the surfaces around the headlight with a sticky tape to protect the case from damage;
- Now process the headlights with fine -grained “sandpaper” (No. 1500 or 2000), while its surface is wetted;
- movements should be made in one direction, smoothly and in strict accordance with curved lines of the working space;
- polish the surface to an even matte layer;
- Next, thoroughly wipe the polycarbonate with a simple sheet of thin paper at an angle of 90 degrees;
Remove the remaining dust with a soft cloth.
The result will be a temporary protection of polycarbonate from dirt and road salt.
A good help in the work will be the purchase of a special pasta for polishing plastic, or you can put toothpaste into business. In the case of the paste, follow the same order of work, but before cleaning with sandpaper, apply the paste to the surface using fiber, or directly. The processing of working surfaces around the headlights will prevent damage to the abrasive particles that are part of the paste.
At the end, carefully and without a trace, remove the cleaning product from polycarbonate.
If you decide to entrust these works to professionals, contact a trusted service center. In addition to polishing the headlights, car service officers will provide other services, for example, will diagnose diesel engines or flush the diesel fuel system.